Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 4..Giving Thanks

Day 4 is all about just taking stock of what BLESSINGS I already have in my life and remembering how fortunate I am.   It is hard to even know where to start, but I will focus on the people in my life that I love very much.

My Parents:  They are wonderful parents, grandparents and more than that, now that I am also older and wiser..great friends. They have been there for me all my life and I am so lucky.

Mike: He is my rock, he is the logical one, he knows how to talk sense into me when I am really upset or overly emotional...he always knows how to calm me down and I love him lots!

Casey:   I didn't know that in being a parent you would learn as much or more than you  taught your child. I am proud of him, he is a caring, responsible, creative and hard working 20 year old who means everything to me. He has made me a better person and I love him so much!

Grandma: Words can't describe how much she means to me.

Caleb and his adorable kids: My "little brother" and his 3 great kids! I love being an aunt!

My cousins, aunts, uncles, relatives near and far,including those that I have been lucky enough to inherit through marriage, and those that I inherited through Casey's dad's side of the family...they all have a special place in my heart.

Friends: Friends from Washington State that I have known most of my life, ones that I met along the way and friends right here in Ohio. 

BFF's that I have been lucky enough to re-connect with due to technology!  Nickey, I am so happy to have  gotten to know and your beautfiul family and look forward to hanging out with you for many, many years!  Dionne, Janet and all of the other close friends, it is a gift to be able to be in contact with you on a regualar basis now.  Just writing about all the awesome people in my life makes me appreciate again all of the gifts in my life...
xoxo :-)
Thanksgiving 2008, my Parents, Grandmother, Brother and his family and Casey and I, (Mike took the picture!)

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! Thanks for sharing, Bestie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nickey! I wouldn't have started a blog had it not been for YOU!! xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete